Waiting for a Break... but not this kind.

So I had planned for my next blog post to be lighthearted and fun. I wanted to talk about my skincare routine and even throw in a little video with the products but that won’t be happening for a little bit because I broke my nose.. Some of this is going to be TMI and some of it I’m going to try to be lighthearted because I need a good chuckle and I’m sure everyone else could use one too.

The TMI part comes with me talking about my period and the struggle I’ve faced since starting at 10. I remember my mom going into my fifth grade teacher and explaining that I had started my period that summer. The teacher was super understanding and helpful even though I was younger than most girls who start. My period has always been kind of crazy but have just gotten worse over the years. When I was 23 I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis. It makes my period just super painful and super heavy. My doctor stopped them for while. Then the drug is so serious that I had to take what is called a drug holiday. It basically makes you go through menopause when you are on it. But it was worth it and my side effects weren’t bad just a hot flash now and again. So during my last drug holiday my doctor left his practice in October of last year. I was due to come back in for my shot in November. I received a letter saying that any doctor at the practice would be willing to take me. However when I called they said there was no record of me being that doctor’s patient or ever visiting that office. Then my back got worse and I decided to put it on the back burner. My periods are super heavy. Like crazy heavy... you can skip over this part because it’s the TMI but I can bleed through a pad in an hour for the first few days I’m on my period. I can bleed through a tampon and pad together in two hours. It’s insane and leaves me feeling more than drained.

So Sunday afternoon it was my second day on my period and I was feeling just so ran down. Couldn’t walk without getting lightheaded. But I’ve never been one to really pass out or faint before. I didn’t move much and slept until about 11:30am. I got up and put on a new set of feminine products and went to lay back down. It wasn’t until I got up again an hour to change those products that I passed out. I had just taken my seat in the bathroom and then everything starts sounding like muffled like I’m under water. The next thing I know I wake up face first on the bathroom floor. My first thought naturally was “I’ve broken my nose.” My second thought was “I’ve ruin it!” Now this was my second thought because I had a surgery to correct a deviated septum and when I woke up from that I fell in love with my most hated feature. My nose had been super crooked after a few cheering and basketball accidents as a kid. I used to have a lot of headaches but after getting my nose fixed it more then cut them in half. Also I was worried it would be crooked again and I’m shallow. Like any girl out there I want be and feel pretty. If my nose was crooked then I would definitely not be feeling pretty for a while. My brother comes running in and my poor dog, Benny, who had been in the bathroom with me went running out.

Long story short my nose was broken in a straight line so it be returning to leaning to one side. But is has been painful. And I’m going to have a long journey to figure out the reasons behind my passing out in the last couple months. I know this because so far my bloodwork and everything from my lady doctor has comeback normal. She still has some test scheduled for me but she recommended I go back to see my neurologist. I’m used to a long journey and I’m also used to not giving up even if the answer isn’t obvious. I’ve learned, my mom has learned, and my brother has learned how important it is that we all stay strong advocate me and my health. We wrote off and pushed aside for years. But now we don’t allow that. We know there has to be a reason and there has to be answers. Also I’m already feeling better. I want to thank everyone who checked in and prayed for me. It might the world.


Before the fall.
Immediately after
Later Sunday Evening

Monday Night
Thursday.






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment