Current Vibes

So let me just start this by saying I am in no way an expert on music... actually I wouldn't call myself an expert at anything really. But I do know when I like something and I thought it would be cool to share with you guys a few of my favorite songs that currently grace my Spotify playlist Current Vibes.

Also just another quick warning if you check out my playlist even though it is called Current Vibes some of the Vibes are from a few months back that I've either just discovered or I can't bring myself to remove from my playlist because I love them.


1.) Green Light - Lorde

My favorite song this week is Lorde's new single. Not only was is written by her but it was produced by her and Jack Antonoff. If you know anything about me you know I think anything Jack Antonoff attaches his name to is amazing! I still jam The Bleacher album like it is brand new! But Green Light is an anthem and so relatable. I would also recommend watching the video because it's almost  cathartic.



2.) I Almost Went to College and Got a Job- Jesse Daniel Smith

This song is the perfect acoustic vibe to roll down the windows to on an  unseasonably warm March day. It also has lyrics that I most of us can relate about not being sure of what path to take in life. It is a beautiful human story laced with a more upbeat guitar sounds.





3.) Busy Man - Ralph

So first off shout out to my two of my closest friends, my brother, Nick, and Spencer Barrett for always having their fingers on the pulse of the newest music. They introduced me to Ralph a few months ago when we were driving in Nick's car with Spencer as the DJ. Busy Man is my personal favorite because of lyrics like, "are you really no good or is it just talk" and "just a puppy at your heal." It's just a classic song written about having a thing for a bad boy.





4.) Good Girl - LANY

Once again I was introduced to LANY in Nick's car with Spencer as the DJ. This is a reaccuring theme in my life when it comes to music. I remember Spencer playing ILYSB and joking that is stood for I Love You, Spencer Barrett. But Good Girl is their latest single and probably one of their best. Although I challenge you to find a LANY song that isn't great. With the chill beats and the lyrics that have you  vividly perfecting scenes in your mind it's impossible not to fall in love.


So these are just a few of my favorite songs this week. I hope you can enjoy them as much as I do!


Love,
Katie Sierra


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment