Becoming a Closer


ALWAYS BE CLOSING


I'm the kind of person who never has trouble getting something started. I have no follow through. I can really enjoy and love doing the thing I've started but I'm always inconsistent. So for my New Year's resolution I've vowed to be a consistent closer. I'm off to a rocky start but I think it's one of those things that will take time. I just have to continue to make myself do things I want to do.

So one of the things I've always really wanted to do is make a beauty/fashion/lifestyle blog. I've never felt like I was good enough at these things to offer my opinions to world and that didn't suddenly change just because I've started this blog. I've just realized that most everybody feels the same way and if I enjoy posting these there shouldn't be anything stopping me. I'm an overthinker and I'm hyper critical. That is why a lot of my projects don't get finished. Thanks to a recent Casey Neistat video (link in the header) I'm going to strive to close instead of perfection.

Another big part of me becoming a closer is to update my YouTube Channel weekly. I've been so bad at this for the past almost three years that I've had my channel. So I'm going to put perfection aside and strive for good because the more you do something the better you get at. I've given myself a task of posting videos every Monday. I've already started the filming process for this Monday's video. I went out filming with my best friend, who is starting a channel also. I think her presence on YouTube will help me become a closer. I'm looking forward to this adventure with her.

This is my first post and I may look back in a week's time and decided it isn't perfect but I need to remind myself that it is good enough and it is finished. I closed.

Love,
Katie Sierra


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment